AI vs Hackers in 2026: Why Cybersecurity Skills Matter More Than Ever
![]() |
| A small practical step in my cybersecurity journey learning offensive security through a legal and controlled TryHackMe environment. |
Cybersecurity is changing faster than I expected.
As a student learning cybersecurity, I have started to realize something important: knowing definitions and watching tutorials is not enough. Hands-on practice matters.
Artificial Intelligence is making both cyber attacks and cyber defense more advanced. Security researchers are reporting increased ransomware activity, AI...Read More
How AI Is Changing Cybersecurity
AI can help defenders analyze huge amounts of security data, identify unusual behavior and respond to threats faster.
But attackers can also use AI to create more convincing phishing messages, automate parts of their attacks and search...Read More
That creates a new cybersecurity reality:
Attackers are becoming faster ...Read More
Why Hands-On Cybersecurity Practice Matters
Recently, I completed an Offensive Security Intro room on TryHackMe.
Instead of only reading about web security, I worked inside a safe and authorized learning environment where I could understand how vulnerabilities can actually...Read More
One of the biggest lessons for me was simple:
Theory gives you the foundation. Practice teaches you how to use it.
The experience helped me understand concepts such as:
- Web application security
- Input validation
- Hidden functionality
- Basic offensive-security thinking
- Following an attack path in a controlled environment
- The importance of understanding how attackers think
Most importantly, it reminded me that ethical hacking must always be...Read More
The Skill I Want to Build
I don't want to become someone who only knows cybersecurity terminology.
I want to gradually build the ability to:
Understand → Practice → Make mistakes → Debug → Learn → Practice again.
That process may be slow sometimes, but every completed lab...Read More
What About AI?
AI is not making cybersecurity skills useless.
I believe it is making strong fundamentals even more valuable.
Understanding networking, operating systems, web applications, authentication, vulnerabilities and defensive security gives us the foundation needed to use AI responsibly in cybersecurity.
The World Economic Forum's 2026 cybersecurity outlook also identifies AI...Read More
My Learning Journey
I'm still at the beginning of my cybersecurity journey.
There is a lot I don't know yet.
But I'm trying to stay consistent, learn step by step and gain practical...Read More
I believe every small lab completed today can become part of a much stronger skill set tomorrow.
And as a Muslim, I remind myself:
The result is in Allah's hands, but the effort is our responsibility.
InshaAllah, one practical session at a time.
Final Thoughts
Cybersecurity in 2026 is not only about knowing how attacks work.
It is about continuously learning how technology, attackers and defenders are evolving.
If you're also learning cybersecurity, don't be afraid of starting small.
Pick a legal lab. Learn one concept. Practice it. Make mistakes. Fix them.
Small progress is still progress.
If you enjoyed this article, feel free to share your own cybersecurity learning experience in the comments.
May Allah put barakah in our efforts and guide...Read More
.jpeg)
Alhamdulillah, another small step in my cybersecurity learning journey.
ReplyDeleteI'm learning that cybersecurity is not only about theory consistent hands-on practice, mistakes and problem-solving are where real understanding begins.
InshaAllah, one lab and one lesson at a time.